16 dezembro 2007

The Goddamn Pain

I think we all have had good and bad days. Moments of our lives that we were joyful or saddened. Long periods or short ones. Maybe some of you have experience those bad moments more often than other people (or maybe it just goes all in the same, because we define good or bad ourselves).

I am now starting to believe one thing though... its preferable to feel sad than neglected. Usually, if someone makes you feel sad it's because that someone is paying attention to you (even if you don't want it), but being completely neglected by society is a pain of immeasurable size. Of course everyone wishes themselves to be as happy as they can. It's rather normal. Some of you may believe it's possible for all of us to be happy...it's not. Why, you might ask? The answer is simple. Some people can only be happy with the unhappiness of others (I'm not saying - necessarily - that your sadness makes them happy, but I'm saying that for them to accomplish their objectives, someone must suffer).

So...some will undoubtedly suffer. I truly feel their pain (just thinking about so many examples around the world) but I still believe one thing: as a social human being, no one should be socially rejected. I actually had the chance to speak to someone who was considered some sort of "sinner" in his environment. That person lives now a considerably normal life, but passed many years of his life in total and absolute despair. I can only imagine what it must of been for him. You can suffer physical pain, emotional distress and other of the sorts, AND STILL not even starting to experience HIS suffering. I've seen the scars that this kind of "life" leaves on someone and I feel for those who live amongst other people, alienated. Thats why there are so many hate crimes... because lives like this one exist.

This post is dedicated for those people. To my friend (I'm now his 3rd friend xD, like he proudly says LOL ). Your life sucks? It could be so much worse. (After hearing your story my friend, I won't ever bitch about my life again xD)

PS.: I can feel that some people will complain to me about Africa - or another country with low life expectations (....obviously). Africa is a hopeless situation, but it's so "normal" that is not even an issue. I'm not talking about loneliness either. Loneliness is having no one to keep in contact which. What I'm talking about is worse, it's the people being there and you're just taking up space. What I'm talking about is a seemless never ending torture.

Sem comentários: